"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:26

2/26/12

Psalm 5

"Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation, give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, for to You I will pray. My voice you shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning i will direct it to You, and I will look up." 
Psalm 5:1-3


Something I have a lot of trouble with is praying for myself. There are many reasons for this - I feel awkward, I feel redundant telling God about my life, I don't feel worthy of His attention, I get distracted, I simply hit a wall in my mind...

But it is something I need to work on. I know that. Without prayer, I focus too much on my own thoughts, interpretation, and desires. And I'm not supposed to be doing this alone.

"But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple... Lead me, O LORD, because of my enemies; make Your way straight before my face." 
Psalm 5:7-8


I need not be afraid of approaching the throne of God - not for any reason. Whether I have a request, a question, a plea, a prayer, or simply a need to experience him and talk. My guilt does not hold God back from me, it holds me back from Him.

His mercies are a multitude. 


Lead me Lord, because of my enemies.

Make Your way straight before my face. Your way.

My way is a sacrifice to You.

Your way will be my way.

"FOR YOU, O LORD WILL BLESS THE RIGHTEOUS; 
WITH FAVOR YOU WILL SURROUND HIM AS WITH A SHIELD." 
Psalm 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment