"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:26

2/24/12

Psalm 3:1-4

"Lord, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are those who rise up against me. Many are those who rise up against me. Many are those who say of me, "There is no help for him in God." 
Psalm 3:1-2


I am not being physically or verbally attacked the way David was. But I do have a host of opposition - doubts. I doubt myself. The doubts have voices and they are never still. So also do my regrets, my shames, my past actions have voices, as they replay history in my mind. They tear apart the image I have of myself, painting an ugly picture in the place of who I am in God's eyes. They tell me that I am unworthy, I should not even lift my eyes, I need to make myself better before I can approach God. They whisper that there "is no help for me in God," that I am unsaveable, unforgivable.

"But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my Glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill."
Psalm 3:3-4


Against these doubts, regrets, shames, mistakes, and feelings of unworthiness, I have protection. God is the one who lifts up my head.

He takes me by the hand and leads me to a place where I can see a reflection of His image of me once more - past the vulgar lies my shame painted on my heart. God shows me His mirror. In it I see His purity, His love, His beauty, His devotion, His sacrifice. I see the grace He gave me written across my forehead. Because of these things, because of the investment such a loving, powerful God made in me... I see the reflection of myself and can say - I am beautiful. I am changed.

I am not the one who considers myself worthy.
I am not my own judge. God is my judge. He has written the verdict. I am guilty, but I am pardoned. I was dirty, but I am clean. I was unwantable, but I am desired. I was doomed, but I have been SAVED.

Nothing the world can throw at me will ever shake the knowledge that the Lord sees me and the first thing He thinks is, "MINE."

I can call to Him without trying to hide my shame.

He will always hear me.

He is the one who found me.

He lifts my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment