"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:26

8/8/11

Sin Has Three Eyes

When we sin, we are IGNORING the Holy Spirit that is in constant communication with us as Christians.
I think about how I feel when someone I know is making a mistake, and shrugging off any good advice I am giving them to the contrary, and I realize what pain we give the Holy Spirit when we ignore him. We as humans can be wrong, sometimes we are worth ignoring. But God? God is never wrong.

When we sin, we INJUR Jesus all over again - He died for our sins, and yet Christians continue to pile on more and more trespasses that he had to bear on the cross .We disregard the fact that He gave his life for us so that we could be clean - and we continue to dirty ourselves over and over.

Above all, when we sin, we are INSULTING God every time. God gave part of Himself up for us. He gave us Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice, and he gave the Holy Spirit as an intimate indweller of our hearts and minds. He gave up what He, as the supreme Being, the almighty Creator, did not have to give up. He forgives us when he shouldn't, speaks when we are below speaking to, and touches us when we by all rights should be untouchable. But we throw all His grace and mercy in the trash, we count it as nothing, when we intentionally serve ourselves instead of our Lord.

We are ungrateful and undeserving of our great Benefactor.

No comments:

Post a Comment