"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:26

8/8/11

And We Still Don't See

"Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
But the Angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said, “Here I am.”
And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.” 

(Genesis 22:9-12)

Abraham willingly taking his son to be sacrificed for God was not merely Abraham proving to God that he was faithful or obedient.
It was also God showing Himself to Abraham and everyone else.
He was saying, "Here - here is what I am going to go through. Do you see how hard this will be for Me? Do you see how crazy it seems? Do you see how much it hurts? Do you see how very much I must love you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment